Participants will learn about effective training techniques when working with patrons individually, in both impromptu and scheduled situations. Participants will also learn how to focus on patron needs.
For public service library staff and volunteers, or anyone else who offers individual assistance with technology.
- Learn effective training techniques in a one-on-one environment.
- Present examples of independent practice for learners.
- Assess the immediate need of the learner and provide relevant information and activities.
- Promote active learning in one on one settings.
- Understand the importance of preparing for an individual instruction appointment
- Keeping up with Technology [DOC]
- Technology Resource Scavenger Hunt [DOC]
- Library Computing Environment Limitations [DOC]
- Dealing with Sticky Situations [DOC]
- Top Tips for Tech Trainers: One on One [DOC]