Adapt these materials to teach your own class
Looking for new ways to stay in touch? Learn how to use Facebook to connect with friends and family (and still protect your privacy). This workshop provides a hands-on overview of how to safely use Facebook for communication and entertainment. This class is for people who are new to Facebook, but who do have basic keyboard and mouse skills.
Students do not need to have a Facebook account – they will create one in class. If they already have a Facebook account, they should bring the login information for the account. Students should have an email address.
- Create a Facebook account and edit basic profile information
- Edit account and privacy settings and articulate 5 tips to protect their privacy while using Facebook
- Explore methods for adding friends, fan pages, and groups to their profile
- Identify the elements of the Facebook page, including wall, favorites, ads, search, and help
- Practice methods of communication, including wall posts, comments, messages, and chat
- Experiment with adding photos
- Play a game