Adapt these materials to teach your own class
You will be helping participants identify the internal parts of the computer along with how they are situated within the computer. You will need to do some background research into all of the parts, but within the lesson plan there are plenty of resources to use as a basic overview. You will show how to open the computer and how to take apart the computer. It is a fairly simple process.
- Comfort with opening the computer – critical thinking on how to open a computer
- Reason(s) to open the computer: cleaning, changing components, adding memory
- Pros/Cons of opening your computer such as how cleaning can help shelf life, but if you start unplugging things you may have problems.
- Possible jobs for participants that are interested, can bring materials related to CompTIA A+ certification
- Computer Cases (YouTube)
- How to Disassemble a Computer (Instructables.com)
- How to Open Computer Cases Safely
These materials were created by Anythink Libraries