- This event has passed.
CAL Makerspace Division Workshop
May 1, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Registration is now open for our first-ever CAL Maker Workshop at Library 21C on May 1!
$35 CAL Members
$50 Non-CAL members
Lunch is included
Hands-on workshops, as well as informational sessions, will be offered. Our lunch keynote speaker is Traci Marques from the Pikes Peak Workforce Center. Traci will be discussing how makerspaces can help make a difference in their communities with workforce development, as well as what kinds of skills are needed in today’s workforce and how we can respond.
Join us for a full-day of maker-related activities including:
- How to do maker programming without a dedicated space
- Talking about maker culture on any budget
- Making a vinyl pencil pouch
- Accessible projects using multiple tools and skills
- Policies and best practices for managing kids in makerspaces
- Building Ardunio-powered robots
- Vector drawing for laser cutting
- New ways to talk about makerspaces besides just “STEM”
- Studio tours
- AND SO MUCH MORE!