- This event has passed.
Health Literacy Coalition Networking Event
February 28 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Tamas Farkas, Interpreter and Program Manager at the Interpreter Network, a program of the Spring Institute. Born in Budapest Hungary, Tamas moved to the United States in 1999. He attended university at Metropolitan State University of Denver, spending one year abroad in Fribourg, Switzerland studying at the University of Fribourg. After graduating with a B.A. in German and French, he spent a year in San Juan, Puerto Rico learning Spanish. At Spring Institute, Tamas is excited to do everything he can to help everyone have access to the public services they deserve.
Tamas will talk with us about the importance of literacy as it relates to interpretation, as well as using plain language when interacting with an interpreter.
- Connect with other champions of health literacy.
- Increase your knowledge of and skills in health literacy.
- Improve written and spoken communication with your patients or clients in a variety of settings.
- Parking: Metered parking and paid lots.
- Refreshments: Visit the Spring Café on the first floor for a FREE drip coffee and sweet bread.
STAY CURRENT WITH THE COLORADO HEALTH LITERACY COALITION:
- Bookmark our webpage at http://www.healthliteracycolorado.org/.
- Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Colorado-Health-Literacy-Coalition-875479585858201/.
- Join our listserv at https://lists.ucdenver.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A0=CHLC.edu.
Please share this networking event!
Questions? Please contact Dana Abbey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-724-2110.