- This event has passed.
June 11, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Dr. Nita Mosby Tyler Chief Catalyst of The Equity Project, to offer a half-day, skills-building workshop that will allow attendees to explore the multi-faceted world of diversity, equity and inclusion in an environment that promotes sharing, learning and transformation.
Session Slides (PDF)
When: Thursday June 11 from 2-4 PM
Where: We will use Zoom for this session. The link will be forwarded to all those who are registered a few days before the workshop. Due to the anticipated popularity of this workshop, we are limiting the session to 2 staff from each library organization.
- Deconstruct the definitions of diversity, inclusivity, equity, equality, and fairness in a way that allows for a better understanding of bias and the continuum of equity.
- Discuss what it takes to build systems of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Use the Continuum of Equity model, we will discuss the variety of ways our work and interactions show up in each “lane.”
- Explore how our personal power shows up as we explore equity.
- Discuss and explore the impact of language on systems of equity.
- Learn a variety of tips & tools for how to manage/navigate/evaluate in a diversity, equity, and inclusion framework.
To register for this workshop, please email Christine Kreger at firstname.lastname@example.org.