Colorado Health Literacy Coalition Networking & Panel Discussion on Essential Health Insurance Do’s, Don’ts
September 26 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am
WHEN: Wednesday – September 26, 2018 – 8:30AM-10:00AM
WHERE: Mile High United Way – Brad Busse Board Room, 711 Park Avenue West, Denver, CO 80205 (View Map)
COST – Free event, but please RSVP for catering.
Get to know other passionate Health Literacy advocates in Colorado with a panel discussion on Health Insurance and a light breakfast.
- Connect with other champions of health literacy.
- Increase your knowledge of and skills in health literacy.
- Improve written and spoken communication with your patients or clients in a variety of settings.
With open enrollment just around the corner (November 1 – January 15), take some time to learn about key health insurance topics. The health insurance system is incredibly complex and challenging for consumers to navigate in an informed manner. By learning about dos, don’ts, important dates, and other key topics, you can help the consumers you work with gain better access to care. Panelists include:
- Caren Henderson, Connect for Health Colorado, Senior Manager of Marketing and Outreach
- Jeff Steerman, Steerman Benefits, Insurance Broker
- Allison Summerton, Aurora Community Assistance Network, Program Manager